Sunday, August 5, 2012

Mama I'm Coming Home

It's been an amazing 9 months so far, but we've decided to move back to Canada at the end of October. The decision hasn't been easy, and Justin and I have had our moments arguing about it quite seriously. But it is final now; we put in 1 month notice at our flat and will be homeless as of September 2nd.

We are quitting our jobs at the end of the month and going to travel until our bank account runs dry. Our plan is to take the little red Micra and drive around Italy. I have my doubts that the car will last, (I've been skeptical of it since our last car broke down in Wales) but Justin seems pretty confident about the plan. And worst case scenario we leave another car in a different European country and continue our journey by bus or train.

Going back to Vancouver will most likely be bittersweet; I don't think either of us are looking forward to starting from scratch again. But there is no point in getting all reflective or sentimental yet as we still have over 2 months before the big move. Should be a very interesting last few months here. I promise we'll take full advantage of it.

Gen

1 comment:

  1. Excited that you are coming back 9for selfish reasons) and excited that you are going to spend a month putting around Italy! fingers crossed for the car!

    jen

    ReplyDelete