Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I'm Not Crying...

I started crying while I was sitting on the top level of a red double decker bus today. I'm not really sure why, but I had been on the verge of tears all day.

I first noticed it on my lunch break when I suddenly got teary reading a really awful story in the paper about a girl who was attacked. Then a couple of our regulars came into work and I got choked up after finding out they held a benefit last night to kick off a charity they started on their daughters name. She was hit by a bus a year ago and killed; she was only 12. And on top of that I was listening to Jewel for some reason when I started crying. I could have left that part out of this blog post as it is very embarrassing, but if I'm being honest, it was a factor.

I've had a lot on my mind lately because our renewal for our flat is up next month. It's hard to believe we've been here for almost 6 months already. Justin and I have been discussing how long we see staying here and we have pretty different ideas of what our future holds, so that's tough. I'm not sure about any of it yet. At this point it's a wait-and-see kind of thing.

Being here has given me a lot of opportunity for self reflection, and I guess that can be overwhelming sometimes, and sometimes it can catch you off guard. At least in a city as big as London you don't have to worry about running into someone you know when having a little cry on public transit.

Kind of a bummer post, I know. Sorry.
Miss you all back in snowy Canada, but not missing the snow.
Gen

3 comments:

  1. Oh my Gen. I did not see this before and wish I did. I love you. Please let me know anytime you feel alone and sad. I will call you.
    Love mama..
    Im glad you got time with Michelle..

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need a hug (and you can close your eyes and pretend it's your mom) then call me! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I really appreciate it. - Gen

    ReplyDelete