Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Rejection Letter?

As I wrote about in previous posts, I have had one TV job interview so far and it was for an assistant type role for an acquisition and distribution company. Well after a follow up phone call and email, that I was very nervous about sending, I received the following email.

***
Hi there-

Sorry to take so long to come back to you.

In the end we haven't done second interviews, after reviewing our needs and the overall intention of the job, we have moved forward with another candidate - we did really want to stick to our guns and bring in a recent graduate who can grow up with the company. I did think you were great and you could have done the job with your eyes closed but you really would have become bored quickly.

I'd love to meet up for a drink sometime, I'd be happy to share any contacts I have or point you in a direction if I can help at all. Depending on your ability to travel I may know of something coming up which is out by Heathrow - not ideal I know but not a bad job.

Hope to be in touch.
***

So... Not what I wanted, but better than nothing I guess. I emailed her back saying I would definitely take her up on her offer of a drink so we'll see.

Just thought I'd share.
Gen

No comments:

Post a Comment