Monday, January 16, 2012

Things I miss.

In no particular order, here are a few things I miss from back home:

- The ocean and the mountains. Not even really snowboarding or going to the beach, just seeing them or knowing they're close by.

- Hockey. I have been watching nearly every Canucks game online, but avoiding the score to watch it the next day is tough, and it's just not the same as watching a game live with friends. I could also really go for a stick and puck session.

- Decent skate parks. I knew it would be a step down here, obviously I've been spoiled in BC. But the parks here are pretty brutal, and few and far between, and often over run with scooters. Every kid in the UK has a scooter, they don't walk anywhere, strictly scooter.

- Vancouver Island. I miss knowing I can go there any weekend I want. I miss the trees, the quiet, and of course the people, you know who you are. I don't miss the ferry yet though.

- Driving. I miss my truck, being able to get out and explore whenever I want. I miss driving to work, taking tools on the train sucks, not to mention being treated like a leper for having some dust on my clothes in a sea of pant suits and man purses.

- The Tragically Hip. I miss hearing them on the radio or in public places. Why is it that Nickelback can cross the pond and not them.

- Canadian food. I could go for a caesar, or a teen burger and frosty mug of A&W root beer, or one of the many great Kraft products available at Buy Low. I don't even really like sushi but I could go for some now. I wish my fridge was full of Lucky instead of Stella.

- Money. I miss making a decent amount of it. I miss having extra of it. I miss not spending so much of it on everything.

I don't, however, miss the restless uneasy feeling I had for the few years before getting here that I needed to get out and do something... or snow.

- Justin

3 comments:

  1. Just think of all the things you'll miss about London when you do come back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list (and your post on water and faucets, lol) is a nice reminder for us to enjoy these things...

    Thanks for the posts :)

    Parisa

    ReplyDelete