Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Water

One thing both Justin and I miss that we really didn't expect is BC water. The water here in London is so brutal. I can only wash my hair 2-3 times a week max or it feels like straw. And the taste is not good. Not good at all.

My shower in the hostel in Amsterdam was a surprising treat as the water was so lovely, and the pressure was strong. Since we have lived here we haven't had a shower with basically any water pressure. I'll be looking forward to that so much when i come home.

I was asking my boss what the deal was with all the sinks having two separate taps here, and he made fun of me for being from 'fancy' Canada where all the water flows into one tap.

I guess it's really easy to take the very small things for granted.

Gen

2 comments:

  1. So, there's a hot water tap, and a cold water tap... But what if you want warm water? What if you want to wash your face with warm water? Half your face gets hot water, the other half gets cold? Or you fill the sink and rinse your face with dirty, but warm water? This seems very strange to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS strange! You need to plug the sink and fill it to make warm water. Basic, yes, but super annoying. And they don't seem to care.

      Delete